The LAG Viisari operates in the northern part of Central Finland. The association was established in the spring of 2000.
• Association established in Spring of 2000
• 4 employees
• Board consists of 9 members in addition to the chairman. The board members represent the operating area’s municipalities, associations and residents.
The operating area of Viisari, situated in Central Finland includes Kannonkoski, Karstula, Kinnula, Kivijärvi, Kyyjärvi and Pihtipudas municipalities and towns of Saarijärvi, Viitasaari and Äänekoski.
• population approximately 40 000. It is less than one-fifth of the population of the whole Central Finland region.
• area 8,500 km², covers over 40% of the whole surface area of Central Finland.
• The operating area is mainly sparsely populated countryside with less than 5 residents per km². Only the areas of Äänekoski and Saarijärvi have a higher population density.
Natural resources – forests, mires, fields and waterways – are essential resources of the area. The strongpoints of business activities are small, active companies and hard-working entrepreneurs. Business activities are based especially on
• small-scale industry
• tourism and services
• agriculture and forestry
Business challenges are related to co-operation and networking among other things. The companies need a broader clientele, more creativity and entrepreneurship as well as new entrepreneurs to continue business operations. A lot needs to be done in terms of internationalisation and in the utilisation of the lake districts and natural products.Check out entrepeneurs in this region